I came up with...spicing up some cheap books!
What does that entail?
What does that entail?
1. Buy a cheap board book

2. Get together some fun craft materials..aka.... craft glue, scissors, yarn, ribbon, buttons, cotton balls, felt or pretty much anything colorful with fun different textures.
3. Glue different items on the pages of the book to create different textures for the kids to reach out and touch.
For example: on the page below, I simply glued a flower to the page and placed a jewel in the center of the flower. If you will notice on the trees, I painted green glitter puff paint.

On this page I glued a cotton ball in place of the pillow on the bed. I also cut out small red squares of felt to add to the quilt on the bed.

On this last page I just glued two blue buttons for the tricycle wheels and again placed some red felt squares to the quilt.

Can anyone say...S-I-M-P-L-E ?
The options are endless on spicing up your kids books. This would also be a great gift for new mothers and their kids.
Keep reading to your kids/grandkids and keep those brains and imaginations running and always learning.
whoever had this idea -- it is great and seems easy enough for anyone. i may have to try this! thanks :)
ReplyDelete