Saving Water

I live in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and right now is our rainy season. The picture above is a picture from my roof. We have a pipe that directs all of the rainwater off our roof. There is always a big collection of water there so I started to think of all the ways I could use that water. So, I placed a large bucket to catch the water and then I use the water to wash clothes. You could also use the water to water some inside potted plants, wash dishes or mop the floor.

It has been a great way to save a little on our water bill and help recycle the rain water.

So, when the clouds are coming your way, set out your bucket to catch some free water. It works best if you pick a pipe or gutter where you will catch enough water to make it worth your time.

Enjoy this evening sky from Puerto Vallarta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you and what you think. Please let us know if you also have any questions.