I have moments where I need some sweets but I have NO desire to turn on the oven. I found this quick and easy recipe from Taste of Home. Great news is, you don't have to spend hours sweating in the kitchen!
In Spanish the cashew nut is called "Nuez de la India", which is literately translated, nut from India. I thought that would be a fun fact for all our friends from India. I would like to know from some of our friends if this is a famous nut in India or did we just pull that name out of a hat.

Enough blabbing, let's get to the recipe.

Enough blabbing, let's get to the recipe.
You will need....
2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 Tablespoon corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups coarsely chopped cashews (nuts from India) :)
2 cups raisins
In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips with milk and corn syrup for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla until blended. Stir in cashews and raisins.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Store in the refrigerator.
Here is a picture from the batch I made this Sunday. My batch made around 36 drops.
Have fun making some drops for your family, friends or a party.
Let us know about those nuts from India!
Let us know about those nuts from India!
At our last WBB party in India, the topic was discussed. Cashews are a very common nut in India and they do use it for special occasions and festivals for sure. Much more popular in the south as they actually have a drink they make from it. Although they did say that almonds are probably used more for they are healthier and less expensive. Jokingly, when I told them the translation for Cashew in Mexican, they laughed and then said they weren't sure if that was such a good thing to say...."Nuts" from India. No comment! :)
ReplyDelete